The total schedule for the preparation, adoption and publication of Annual Accounts as of 1 January 2016 is therefor as follows:
- The management board which consist of the managing directors must prepare the Annual Accounts within 5 months after the financial year-end. This 5 months period can be extended with another period of maximum 5 months by the general meeting of shareholders.
- The Annual Accounts must be signed by all managing directors and the supervisory directors (if applicable). If one or more signatures are missing, the Annual Accounts should specify the reason thereof.
- The Annual Accounts must be audited by a registered independent accountant unless the entity qualifies for one of the exemptions.
- The shareholders must adopt the Annual Accounts within 2 months after the Annual Accounts have been signed by the management board unless all shareholders are also managing directors of the entity. If all shareholders are also the managing directors of the entity then is the date of the signature by the management board automatically the adoption date by the shareholders. The 2 months period for the shareholders will be expired in this case.
- Adopting of the Annual Accounts does not automatically provide for discharge to each managing director unless all shareholders are also managing directors of the entity.
- The adopted Annual Accounts must be filed with the Chamber of Commerce within 8 days of adoption. If the Annual Accounts are not adopted within 7 months or within 5 months if all shareholders are also the managing directors (or 12 months (or 10 months if the shareholders are also the managing directors) upon an issued extension) of the end of the financial year, the management board must file the draft Annual Accounts with a statement that these Annual Accounts are not yet adopted.